Google offers unlimited cloud storage to all US govt employees

Home Forums Technology Google offers unlimited cloud storage to all US govt employees

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Hannibal X Hannibal X 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Hannibal X
    Hannibal X
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Google offers unlimited cloud storage to all US govt employees

Posted by Amit Singh, President, Google for Work

I don’t know about you, but it seems like 2016 has started with a bang!

I have an exciting announcement for my first post of the year — now all U.S. government agencies can choose Google Apps for Work and store unlimited content with the assurance that its security is assessed against the FedRAMP standards. Over the holidays, we received a FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program) Authorization to Operate for Google Apps for Work* and Google App Engine. And because this authorization — along with its ongoing compliance requirements — covers our common infrastructure, it benefits all existing Google Apps for Work and App Engine customers as well.

With 2016 off to a busy start, I’d like to take a moment to reflect on 2015. It was a big year for Google for Work.

We launched new features, powered by machine learning, that do more of the heavy lifting so you can work better and faster. For Sheets, we introduced Explore, which provides instant data analytics and visualization with the click of a button. We added Smart Reply to Inbox, which helps you respond to messages by generating short contextual responses to your emails, based on your typical responses. And we open-sourced TensorFlow, our fast and scalable machine learning system, to accelerate advances within the wider community.

read.more

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.