Michael Moore Joins Oscars Boycott; says nominations are "crazy"

Home Forums Black America News Michael Moore Joins Oscars Boycott; says nominations are "crazy"

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Hannibal X Hannibal X 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Hannibal X
    Hannibal X
    Keymaster
    23 pts

By Steve Pond

“The idea that we could go two years in a row, where 40 actors could be nominated and none of them were black, is just crazy,” says Oscar-winning director

Michael Moore plans to join the boycott of this year’s Academy Awards organized by Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith, the Oscar-winning filmmaker told TheWrap on Monday night.

“I absolutely support what they are doing, and I will be happy to join them,” the “Bowling for Columbine” and “Fahrenheit 9/11” director said in a passionate late-night phone call. “I thought about this all day, and I don’t plan to go to the show, I don’t plan to watch it and I don’t plan to go to an Oscar party.

“And I say that as a proud member of the Academy, as someone who still sits on the executive board [of the Documentary Branch], as someone who knows full well that [AMPAS president] Cheryl [Boone Isaacs] and [CEO] Dawn [Hudson] are doing their best to fix the situation.”

Read more

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.