My thoughts on Investing in Oil

Home Forums Investing My thoughts on Investing in Oil

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Hannibal X Hannibal X 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Hannibal X
    Hannibal X
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Oil is cheap, everyone knows that. The question now becomes, when and what do you buy? Here’s what I might do with my portfolio. I want in on oil because its so cheap and I need to hedge my crazy investments in technology anyway, like my obsession with Twitter ($TWTR) ($19.62 -0.15%). You can follow if you please but just know that we’ll either lose together or win together.

You can play it safe and get dividends with 5-8% yield from teh blue chips like Exxon Mobil Corporation ($XOM), Hess Corporation ($HES) and others, but I’m not here to play it safe. I’m here for the money, NOW! If I want to play it safe, I’ll just invest in bonds and mutual funds. That won’t do anything but put me to sleep.

US OIL ($USO) is cheaper that a dime bag at $9.17. Antero resources ($AR) @ $19.95, Apache ($APA) @ $35.42. Who knows what these stocks are going to do but I’d bet, they’re going up at some point. How low could they possibly go? At these crackhead prices, to own oil, I want in!

Now, to hedge my crude oil investments, I’m probably going to look into the peripherals of the oil industry like storage and transportation companies. With oil being in low demand, barrels are piling up and someone has to transport and store the stuff. My eyes are on Magellan Midstream Partners ($MMP) & Spectra Energy Partners ($SEP).

I haven’t made any buys yet as I’m still combing “the streets“…

NLITE10

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.